Free WooCommerce Payment Gateway plugins
WordPress CMS is one of the most popular platform to create a shopping store or eCommerce website and there are millions of users around the world enjoying the benefits of using WordPress CMS.
If you already have a WordPress Shopping Store or ecommerce website and now wondering which payment gateway you should use on your website to process your orders. This article is especially dedicated for you. In this article we will cover the most popular FREE payment gateways which are widely used on WP websites with WooCommerce Shopping cart. Normally, WP eCommerce website owners do have these questions in their mind:
What payment gateways, I can use on my website?
Which payment gateway should be easy to setup?
I need a payment gateway which support Credit/Debit card payments.
FREE payment gateways with above features.
I will try to answer all your questions and listing few free WooCommerce payment gateways here which are used widely.
Paypal checkout allow you to very easy integration with your WooCommerce website and allow you to fast,
And secure way of payment method. It has 250+ million customers worldwide. PayPal checkout allow you to take
Payments from your customers using PayPal account, credit and debit card methods as well. PayPal checkout is latest extension from PayPal and allow your customers to take payments direct from your website product page. It also provide you 24/7 fraud protection and you will enjoy the benefits of automatic updates on regular basis.
Requirements to use Paypal Checkout:
- Paypal Express will need you to have “Paypal Business” account.
- PayPal Express is available in all countries
Key Features of PayPal Express
- All the security will be handled by the PayPal, now you don’t have to worry about any Payment related information leak. You don’t have to be worry about handing any payment related sensitive information on your website.
- Easy setup on WordPress website with Commerce
- It’s a free plugin so you don’t have to pay anything to use this plugin
- Accept all major credit and debit cards, including MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, Diner’s Club and JCB
- Accept PayPal Credit (U.S only) and Venmo
- Customers can pay if they don’t even have PayPal account
- Let customers pay directly from product and shopping cart pages, they don’t have to leave your website
- All payments will be processed with PayPal servers, so don’t worry about securities.
- Customize button shape, size, color and layout
PayPal powered by Braintree allow you to accept payment through PayPal, credit cards and debit cards directly at your website checkout page. This plugin is also very easy to implement on your website. You just have to download this plugin, activate this plugin and connect it with your Braintree account. Now you are all setup to use its benefits.
You must be wondering what is different between PayPal Checkout and PayPal powered by Braintree. You will understand this once you read its key benefits below. But before that let me share its:
Important Information and requirements to use this:
- PHP 5.4 or higher (go to WooCommerce > System Status to chePayPal powered by Braintree supports Strong Customer Authentication (SCA), required for transactions within the European Economic Area (EEA).
- SSL certificate should must be installed on your store
- cURL support (most hosts have this enabled by default)
- WooCommerce 2.5 or newer
Key Features of PayPal Powered by Braintree
- This plugin supports recurring payments from “WooCommerce Subscriptions”
- Paypal powered by Braintree supports Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) which is required in the European Economic Area (EEA)
- Fraud prevention by enabling AVS, CVV and custom risk thresholds
- Accept payment from all major credit and debit cards including Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover®, Diner’s Club and JCB
- Sign up and get started with this extension for free
- Easy to setup and connect with your “Braintree” account
Stripe Payment Gateway plugin for WooCommerce is one of the most popular plugin to setup credit card based payment method on your website. Stripe, allow your customers to stay on your website during checkout process instead of redirecting to an externally hosted checkout page and it has proven that it increase the higher conversion rates.
Stripe payment is very simple to implement and accept payment online. It has no steup fee, no monthly fee and no hidden costs.
Important information & requirements to use Stripe
- A valid SSL certificate is required to ensure your customer credit card details are safe, however, this plugin also uses Stripe JS to tokenize credit card numbers to make payments keeping card data secure.
- Stripe now works with refunds in WooCommerce 2.2+.
- Stripe supports Strong Customer Authentication (SCA), required for transactions within the European Economic Area (EEA).
Key Features of Stripe payment Gateway
- Stripe is optimized for mobile and fast checkout with Google Pay, Apple Pay and Payment Request API Suport
- Help in fraud detection and prevention using Stripe Radar and optional 3D Secure
- Accept all major debit and credit cards as well as Local Payment Methods
- Capture and authorizations and process refund from WooCommerce Dashboard
- Supports recurring payments with various payment methods via “WooCommerce Subscriptions”
- PCI-DSS compliance with Stripe Elements hosted input fields
- Easy monitoring and reporting
- Quick installation and setup
Squre extension for WooCommerce allow you to accept payments instantly at no cost. With the help of Squre + WooCommerce, you can synchronize sales, inventory, and customer data, manage your all channels through one centralized platform.
Squre is a powerful tool to start, run and grow your all types of business.
Requirements to use Square
- PHP 5.6+
- WordPress 4.6+
- WooCommerce 3.0+
- A Square account
- An SSL certificate to use the payment gateway
- Background processing to support automatic product sync
Key features of Square payment gateway
- Accepts all major credit and debit cards. (Available in the USA, Canada, Australia, UK and Japan)
- Pay 2.75% (2.65% for CA, 1.9% for AU, 1.75% for UK, and 3.25% for JP) per in-person transaction and 2.9% + $.30 (2.9% + $.30 for CA, 2.2% for AU, 2.5% for UK, and 3.6% for JP) for online transactions. Custom rates available for some businesses with annual revenues over $250K and an average ticket size over $15.
- See your funds deposited within one or two business days.
- Square will handle all PCI-Compliance, you don’t have to be worry about payment security
- Keep your invenfory up to date and manage your business. You can manually sync your products from WooCommerce to Square or from Square to WooCommerce
- Square detects fraud before it happens
Amazon Pay ( earlier it was called Pay with Amazon and Amazon Payment Advacanced) for WooCommerce payment gatway takes payment via special widgets powered by Amazon on your website checkout pages.
Amazon Pay allow millions of Amazon Customers around the world to shop on your website or app and use their existing Amazon account to make purchase. Take your business to another level using this innovative apporch.
Requirements to Use Amazon Pay
- You must have your store based in: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, the UK or the US.
- You must be having SSL certificate installed on your website.
- You must be having an Amazon Payments Advanced Merchant Account: Sign Up for a new account or use any existing account. Please note this is not like your regular amazon account.
- For more details about installation and plugin click here;
Key Features of Amazon Pay
- Multi-currency functionality
- Recurring Payment support for “WooCommerce Subscription”
- Easy to setup and use
- Customer stay on your website during the checkout process
- Mobile responsive widgets for tablets and smartphones
- Use your existing Amazon account for payment processing
- Accept all major debit and credit cards
There are few Paid WooCommerce payment plugin as well which are very popular. Let me out few below
Paid WooCommerce Payment Gateway addon Plugins
Being an eCommerce website owner it is very important to have a good payment gateway on your website. You should provide proper payment method on your website so that your customers can make purchase without any difficulty. By using above payment gateways you will earn your customers trust on you because you are providing all latest and reliable payment methods.
I hope all above WooCommerce Payment plugin will help you to achieve your target goals.